Peer Council November 12, 2015 Meeting Notes

Nevada Peer Leadership Advisory Council Quarterly Meeting

Nov 12, 2015 10:00 am – 11:30 pm

Via Zoom Meeting/Conference call

Members Present: Skip, Ali, Nancy, Barbara, Alyce, Lorna, Camille

Ad Hoc Members Present: Heidi, Jeanyne, Michelle, Denna, Trey

Members not present: Daniel, Crystal, Steve, Jo Anna, Nick, Autumn, Roxie

Meeting was called to order at 10:07 am

Daniel was not able to attend this meeting so Skip acted as chair in his absence. The Council established a quorum with 6 members present.

Agenda item #1 Membership

Jeanyne mentioned Nick had not attended any meetings since he was elected in April 2015. Skip motioned to remove him based on the By Laws requirement that members must not miss more than 3 consecutive meetings in 12 months. Motioned second by Camille, Vote approved.

Jeanyne realized after the meeting was adjourned that per the By Laws, Nick has to be notified by the chair via letter before a vote can happen to remove him. Daniel will send Nick a letter and Jeanyne will add the vote to the next agenda.

Agenda item #2 Sub Committee updates

The Peer Certification Specialist subcommittee has been working on researching the best options for Nevada with regard to NPLAC moving forward with organizing a peer support specialist certification. Skip and Trey presented their findings to the group and asked that each member take a role in helping research and guide the council to a decision about how to move forward.

Camille has complied a ton of information already when she was involved with BRSS TACS. She will send her info to Skip. Skip urged the group to send any research they have already done so that everyone is on the same page. We need to start sharing resources and information if we are going to be an effective council that unifies the State’s needs.

Camille asked if we are building new curriculum. Denna explained the curriculum is the last piece. It was not the curriculum that did not pass legislature, it was the individual peer cert that did not pass in 2015.

WE should model a state that has it together like Georgia.

Barbara mentioned the National Council is working on a National Certification and she will get Larry Fricks e-mail to Skip. Maybe Larry can join us on a call?

For the next meeting, every member of the council should pick an objective from the attached Draft from Skip and we will discuss the findings at the next meeting and vote on how the Council will move forward.

 

Camille: Obj 1

Nancy and Alyce: Obj 2

Barbara: Obj 3

Ali is working with Trey and Skip to put it all together

New Business? None

Public Comment? None

Next Subcommittee meeting is Jan 13 10:00 – 11:00

Next NPLAC Quarterly call is Feb 17 10:00 – 11:30

Jeanyne to send out details

Meeting adjourned at 11:07 am