Peer Council April 15, 2015 Meeting Notes

Nevada State Peer Leadership Council Meeting

April 15, 2015 3:30-4:30 via webinar

Meeting began 3:35 pm

Welcome and roll call

Members present:

Daniel Fred

Skip Farley

Ali McCurdy

JoAnna Rios

Nancy Snyder

Barbara Jackson

Autumn Smith

Members NOT present:

Camille Jones

Crystal Hallock

Nick Matlavage

Alyce Thomas

Ad Hoc members present:

Jeanyne Ward (admin)

Michelle Berry

Denna Atkinson

Luanna Rich

Public:

Robyn Priest

Daniel welcomed our newest member, Autumn Smith, and Autumn introduced herself. She will be representing our emerging adult (youth) seat from the South.

Agenda #1 Membership:

Richard Whitefeather resigned his seat last month. We need a North rural or VA seat. Camille has someone in mind and so does Daniel. They will send their info to Jeanyne to contact them for the next meeting.

 

Agenda #2 May 12 in person meeting agenda:

Rough outline of agenda

Welcome and Introductions (Continental breakfast)

Brief review of ByLaws and Q&A (All members are asked to review the ByLaws BEFORE the meeting)

Guest Speaker #1 (Steve Burt) AB85

PAN presentation

Break

Guest Speaker #2 (Mary Weary DPBH) Provide an overview of the division, talk about the landscape of the division going forward.

Lunch

Guest Speaker #3 (Robyn Priest)

Strategic Planning

Break

Identify Milestones, assign tasks

Website updates

Adjourn

Agenda #3 Legislative Action update:

Michelle Berry mentioned AB 489 proposed by DPBH as an umbrella for organizations to hire Peers and AB 485 written by Steve Burt is to license individual peers. There is no peer curriculum discussion in the legislature. Once legislature has passed and signed to law then it goes to agencies to adapt regulations. The curriculum will need to follow the requirements of the legislature, HCQC and Medicaid.

Agenda #4 Website updates:

Per Skip, the website has been updated to include the separated drop down boxes that were discussed at last month’s meeting. He is waiting on approval from the rest of the website subcommittee for some of the verbiage regarding co-occurring. Skip will send 6 new documents with updated verbiage to the council, Jeanyne will re-send to make sure everyone is receiving them. Jeanyne urged the council to respond to Skip about the verbiage to let them know they have reviewed it even if they do not propose any changes….BEFORE the May meeting. We can review the final website at the May meeting and go over any questions at that time.

 Agenda #5 Public Comment

No public comment

Next Meeting

May 12, 2015 9:00 am– 4:00pm UNR Redfield Campus

Meeting Adjourned 4:15pm