Skip, Steve Burt and Denna attended.
(Michelle Berry, Sherrie Thomas, Alli)
- Denna asking Trey to follow up on any headway on SB489
- Denna stated that she’ll set up a meeting with Richard Whitley to discuss individual certification. Those invited to meeting will be Denna, Steve, Michelle and Kevin
- Next meeting scheduled January 28 at 10am.
- SB489: AN ACT relating to health; requiring the licensure of peer support recovery organizations by the Division of Public and Behavioral Health of the Department of Health and Human Services and to pay an application fee for the license; and providing other matters properly relating thereto.
- Legislative Counsel’s Digest:Existing law requires a person who wishes to operate or maintain a facility for the dependent or a medical facility to obtain a license from the Division of Public and Behavioral Health of the Department of Health and Human Services and to pay an application fee for the license. (NRS 449.030, 449.050) Section 6 of this bill includes a peer support recovery organization within the definition of facility for the dependent, thereby requiring peer support recovery organizations to obtain a license from the Division. Section 4 of this bill provides that a person who holds a license as a facility for the dependent or a medical facility and employs persons to provide peer support services is not required to obtain an additional license as a peer support recovery organization. Sections 9-11 of this bill impose certain requirements on peer support recovery organizations. Section 14 of this bill makes certain employees of a peer support recovery organization immune from civil liability for rendering emergency care or assistance in good faith in the course of his or her employment. Sections 15 and 17 of this bill extend certain mandatory reporting requirements to peer support recovery organizations.